There are a number of methods commonly used to clean granite-manufactured items, however, not all of them are as effective and some of them can even prove to be counterproductive. Granite material is used in the manufacturing of countertops, flooring, etc. in both commercial and residential buildings. They can become soiled and stained over the course of time due to which the process to clean granite needs to be performed on a regular basis. In this article, we will explain a process with the help of which people can clean granite items at home without damaging the quality of the material.
Necessary precautions before performing the granite cleaning process
There are some precautions that need to be considered before performing the granite cleaning process as the material can get damaged in case the precautions are not properly upheld. Two significant precautions are as below:
- It is important to make sure that the granite surface is properly sealed before performing the process. In case, granite is not properly sealed then the water can seep through the surface of the material and damage it from inside. A number of tests are available which can test whether granite is properly sealed. These tests should be performed before performing the process to clean granite.
- We recommend using cleaners, which do not negatively react to granite material. People tend to use some natural cleaners such as vinegar, which can damage granite material and reduce its quality. The use of harsh commercial cleaners can also damage the surface of the material.
Steps involved in performing the granite cleaning process
The process to clean granite can be easily performed by anyone at home. Following steps can be
followed in order to perform the granite cleaning process, however, it is also important to consider the
precautions mentioned above.
- Use a dedicated cleaner for cleaning granite surfaces or prepare a cleaning solution of baking soda or hydrogen peroxide, which is effective in cleaning the material.
- Now rinse the granite material with the help of water so that dirt and other removable residues come off.
- Now apply the carpet cleaning solution on the surface of the material.
- Rub the surface of the material with the help of soft microfiber cloth in order to remove stains and spillage marks from the surface of the material.
- Continue the process to clean granite until all the stains and spillages start to disappear.
- Let the granite surface dry in the end.